Why Wilson Imaging Centers?
- Experience: We’ve served Houston doctors for more than 30 years. More than 700 doctors refer patients to us.
- People: Our staff is continually trained on the latest dental imaging technologies. Many are members of the American Association of Dental Maxillofacial Radiographic Technicians (AADMRT).
- Technology: Our ConeBeam CT 3D imaging scanners are regarded as the top-of-the-line in CBCT equipment.
- Price: Our prices are below the industry norm because we do not accept assignment of insurance benefits and do not need employees to negotiate with insurance companies.
- Convenience: We have Two locations in Northwest and Southwest Houston and Two Mobile Imaging Vans serving areas in Greater Houston (Baytown, Pasadena, Pearland, League City, The Heights, Katy, The Woodlands, Humble and other areas surrounding Greater Houston). We come to your area for the convenience of your patients!
- Speed: Images are typically sent either the same day or the next day. With electronic transfer, you can often receive patient records within one hour.
- Safey: Compared to a series of traditional full-mouth x-rays, CBCT images expose your patients to less than 5 percent of the radiation.
- Confidence: We’re so confident you’ll like us, we offer new referring doctors a complimentary first-time use of any of our services. (Excludes Radiology Reports and Printed Models)
- Personal touch: We will work with you to customize your records as well as hand-delivering many records. Our team will assist you by setting up and training you on the viewing softwares to ensure you are getting the information to best diagnose and treat your patients.
- We save money! CBCT machines can cost more than $150,000 and that does not include the cost of maintenance and repairs. The cost of space in your office and time and training for your employees.
Why do I need these X-rays and/or photographs?
Dental images can help doctors see what can’t be seen with the naked eye. X-rays show the bones, roots beneath teeth and many other hard tissue structures of the head and neck.
How are the images from Wilson Imaging Centers different from the ones my dentist takes?
We offer a variety of services typically not available at a doctor’s office. For example, our cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) machine can provide your doctor with 3-D visualization, panoramic views, color photographs and a number of other special procedures. The comprehensive information provided can help your doctor better understand your needs and recommend the right treatment.
I know that dental X-rays expose me to a small amount of radiation. What about the CBCT equipment?
Our CBCT equipment exposes patients to less than 5 percent of the radiation of traditional dental X-rays.*
Is one visit enough?
Generally, yes. Depending on the stage of treatment, your doctor may request additional films to help evaluate your progress.
Is payment required at the time of the procedure?
Yes. Wilson Imaging Centers are not network providers, and therefore insurance companies will not reimburse us for services. That’s why we require patients to pay for their procedures in full at the time of service. We will provide you with a receipt with ADA and CPT procedure codes that can be submitted to your insurance company for reimbursement. Contact your insurance carrier to confirm our services are covered under your policy.
Do I need an appointment?
Practices and patients should call the scheduling number to schedule with their preferred location. We work by appointment and are often able to get you in right away. This prevents wait times for both you and other patients.
How and when will my doctor get the results?
In most cases, the results are delivered electronically on the same day as your visit. If delivered in person, the following day.
Can I bring my child into the X-ray room?
In accordance with Texas state regulations, only those involved in the actual procedure are allowed in the X-ray area. However, there may be exceptions in the case of special-needs patients.
How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call our scheduling number 713-274-4550 or make an online appointment request.